I believe in equality…

Beth - Culver City, California
Themes: equality

I believe in equality. 

I believe in Brown.

I believe in the four immeasurables: Love. Joy. Compassion. Equanimity.

I believe in progress. And change. And respect. And hope.

But I also believe that hope without action is more dangerous than indifference or inaction.

I believe we are all co-constructors of our beliefs and society.

I believe in the equal protection under the law.

I believe “All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood” (United Nations, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948)

And I believe that I am the same as everyone else and deserve to be treated as such.

This November, Californians are facing an unprecedented ballot proposition – one which, if passed, will deny citizens basic human rights and recognition under the law.  Proposition 8 proposes a ban on the gay marriages made legal and binding by the State of California.

I’ve never been a person in the business of telling people they are inferior, either in word or action. Please, don’t be one of those people.

On November 4th, vote NO on Prop 8.

Please spread the word.  Share the REAL facts with the people you know.