Zombies

Elisena - Ambridge, Pennsylvania
Themes: setbacks

I believe zombies are taking over my world.

By zombies I mean those preppy, rich girls who are really dead inside. You know who I’m talking about. The girls who look at anyone who wears black like they are a rabid raccoon. By the way, it’s a color. It doesn’t mean I’m “goth” or “emo.” Get over it. You know who I am talking about. The girls who wrap a small piece of cloth around their butts and call them shorts. Yeah, you know who I’m talking about.

Every second of my life I long to punch one of them. You’re probably wondering, “What on Earth did they do to you?” It’s not just me it’s all my friends, the “outcasts,” “geeks,” “goths,” “emos,” and “misfits.” They laugh at our existence. They give us a compliment then turn away and laugh. When we do something goofy they give a “look,” then whisper to their friend. They giggle constantly at whatever we wear or do. What’s so gosh darn funny?

The labels. I’m so sick of them. In their world anyone who wears black or listens to rock or metal is considered emo. Even if someone wears some eyeliner and they’re aren’t a popular, then they’re emo. Whenever we want to have fun they think we’re strange. They always judge people, and they always will. Anyone who listens to My Chemical Romance or Bless The Fall is treated differently. Its stupid don’t you think?

Something I learned through all this is to always be myself. To not care what others think. It’s a waste to let them get to me. I want to live while I can and not let other people put me down. I would much rather be happy than feel sorry for myself because I’m not as ‘pretty’ as them. They will continue to do their silent bullying, and I will continue to stay true to myself.

Yeah, I definitely believe zombies are taking over my world.