No Tomorrow

Stephanie - Southfield, Michigan
Themes: carpe diem, fear

Every day there is a tragedy on the news. A child kidnapped, raped, and murdered. A 6 month old baby shot in the line of fire. Terrorists using air planes to destroy buildings and thousands of lives. And there are killers that don’t come with a gun or a knife. We call them cancer, heart attack, stroke or AIDS. What has the world come to?

Sometimes I don’t even want to leave my house. I have five different locks on my front doors, along with a burglar alarm system. And even still, if someone wanted to come into my home I’m sure they would find a way.

My mother hasn’t spoken to her sister in over forty years. I not sure why either. No one will really talk about it. I stopped asking because I always get the run around. There is no argument or disagreement that can take forty years from me and my sisters.

We never know what tomorrow will bring. I believe each day should be lived to the fullest. We should enjoy every moment of life. We should especially enjoy our families and friends. The people who we love and care about the most. I won’t go to bed angry and I always make sure that no matter what happens the people that I love are full aware of it because tomorrow is not promised to any of us.