What Goes Around Comes Around

Sarah - Monticello, Kentucky
Themes: setbacks

What Goes Around Comes Around

Do you believe in karma? Well I sure do. I think everyone has heard the saying ‘what goes around comes around.’ I believe in that completely. I think if you do something to someone then you will get something back. You shouldn’t be able to just pick on someone or hurt them and then go on with your life and think nothing bad is going to happen to you. Sooner or later something will happen to you because of what you did. You should always think about the things you do before you actually do anything.

I don’t really have a personal story of my own to tell you but I can tell you about my father. My dad has been in and out of jail most of my life. I’ve always been visiting him in jail ever since I was a little girl. It was either drugs or drinking. Well my mom finally got tired of it because they would always fight about it and so they got a divorce. That’s when my mom moved my brother and me to Kentucky. It’s been 8 years now and you would think that after losing his family he would’ve cleaned up but he hasn’t. In fact he’s in jail right now but it wasn’t really his fault so I can’t blame him for it this time. So my point is that karma got him. He wanted the drugs and alcohol so he had to give up his family for it.

Karma can hit anyone at anytime no matter who you are. Just because you are famous, young, or old you can still get what’s coming to you because no one is that special. If you make a mistake then you’ll get what you should. And if you do something good then you will also get what you should get.

So I believe what goes around comes around and I think that goes for kindness, too. If you are kind to someone then they will see that there are good people in the world and they will want to pass the kindness on. Now I know that doesn’t really sound like karma but it is. Karma can work in mysterious ways.

I believe in the little saying ‘if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything.’ I also think you should apply that your actions, too. I believe that the world would be a better place if people were nicer and friendlier to others. If you are kind to others they will be kind to you. So always think before you say or do anything. And if you respect others they will respect you. Never do anything without thinking about the consequences first.