Weekend Fever

Matthew - Ankeny, Iowa

WEEKEND FEVER

There are so many memories in a person’s lifetime but only one can be remembered forever. During my 17 years of living I haven’t had a better experience then going to down to my lake house with my buddies. The lake has truly changed my life forever. Before this life changing time I was a completely different person. I used to keep all my thoughts and comments about things to myself. When we went down to the lake it was a different story. I used to be a quiet person back in the middle schools, but now that were in the high school people have changed my life for the better. When I’m down at the lake its a big change of who we are. We are away from home and we can just chill and relax without any interruptions. Things are better down there; if I could live down there I would in an instant.

My life has totally changed after the weekend my buddies had down there. There was so much to do in such a short time. We had the change to golf with some seniors at the golf course that taught us not only how to golf but also the meaning of golf and how it can help us in the long run. Golf teaches you so much that once I was done I not only had a great time but life lessons to remember and use in my future. The life changing experience that I believe I had was on the dock and boat late at night. My buddies and I talked for hours about random stuff that we never get to talk about usually. We all had stories to let out and some things were said that wont ever be said again, we all got to speak out on our beliefs in things that usually friend ‘s don’t do. I believe that this will be an experience that I probly wont ever happen again unless all of us go down there again here soon.

I have learned so much from this weekend at the lake. I have many lessons to remember and use here in the future ahead of myself. I believe that having these life-changing moments means your having fun in your life and living to your full potential. My friends have taught me so much that I would have never learned without them. The lake is like my second home, when I’m down there with my buddies an hour feels like a couple of hours. Time almost stops, meaning we are having the time of our lives and we never want it to end. So I leave you with this final comment, friends are the best things you can have, try to get close to them, they just might change your life for the better and make you a better person!