I belive in Cooking

Emily - Gosport, Indiana

I believe in cooking. I learned to cook from my grandmother; we are always in the kitchen making new recipes. It is something that we have done together since I was a little girl. Coming from an Irish background, we have a very odd taste in food. What is wonderful tasting to us, is appalling to others, for example, coddle. It has a variety of vegetables and various meats such as; bacon, sausage, and hamburger, served in a bread bowl. Delicious to us, disgusting to others.

I believe cooking comes from the heart. Just like singing or playing a sport. It always helps to soothe me, because I can throw myself in my work and not think about anything else. I remember when I first made bread pancakes. I felt like I had hit the lottery. When someone really likes it I get especially excited. Every ingredient is kind of like a song lyric, has its own different sound, but when you put everything together it is wonderful.

I don’t need a gourmet kitchen to cook in. One that is just in a small house is fine. As long as I have all your ingredients, I can cook anywhere. Also, I can cook at anytime. There is no specific time at which I have to. Whenever I am cooking, I completely lose track of time. Unless of course, if it’s the time of which something would be done, I have too..

I believe in cooking for what it really is. A way to please others, without putting forth hardly any effort. Everyone knows that a way to a persons heart, is through their stomach, or so the saying goes. To cook a meal, it takes no effort on my part. For others though, it may take a lot of effort.

Cooking is a big part in my life. No matter what kind of mood I’m in, I can cook and things will get better. I believe in cooking with all my heart. Making new recipes is always a way to relieve what kind of stress I have.