Geniuses Never Had An Advantage

Tyler - Rexburg, Idaho
Themes: creativity, work

I believe that it doesn’t take a large brain to be a genius. I can solve a Rubik’s cube in under twenty seconds, but I would never consider myself naturally better than others at it. I’ve been studying the mean little puzzle for more than two years, while some just go as far as randomly turning the puzzle and putting it down after a minute or two. The truth is that I had to receive help from many sources, as well as try my best to improve my spacial intelligence.

When somebody thinks of a genius, they think of famous people such as Albert Einstein: great mathematicians and physicists that changed the way the world thinks. I believe that people can be geniuses in any aspect. The person that invented the paperclip was a genius. The person that invented the sandwich was a genius. The true formula for a genius is simply a clever idea and diligent work. It takes a considerable amount of effort that others may have thought was a complete waste of time, and a notion that those people thought wrong.

When people take an IQ test, I think that a lot of people might find they have an average score, and come to the conclusion that they will never come up with a unique idea that could change how their world is run. I declare that conclusion absolute bunk. You can exercise your mind very easily, and you will notice the difference right away. All it takes is to recognize those clever ideas, such as “I wonder if there could be a lightweight device that could hold papers together by itself?” and the willingness to put forth the effort to make that idea a reality.