Dreams are for People; in which I believe

Haley - Monticello, Kentucky

Everybody believes in something. Maybe you believe in a few things; or just one. Maybe your belief is a lot like mine, or nothing like it. My belief is simple, I believe in people. I believe people are very strong and we can accomplish anything no matter what we are facing. Cliché, I know, but we as human beings are so incredibly depthy. Mr. Shoemaker, my English teacher, once told me that humans are like onions; we are very deep and each one of us is different. We have so many layers. I believe that we underestimate ourselves and the power that we have. What I’m afraid of is that we don’t think we are powerful enough to change anything. We’re wrong.

When I was younger I wasn’t very close to God. I had some struggles that lead me away from him. My mom left when I was 8. I loved her so much and the thought of never seeing her again made me sick. I thought she would come back, so for years I waited. She never came back. I was furious with God for letting that happen. Eventually I realized that I needed a relationship with him and It became my dream to have a strong relationship with God. It’s taken me about 8 years or so but I finally have that closeness with God, and I am still growing in my walk with him. Now I know that he only took my mother away to make my testimony stronger and to make me a stronger Christian so I can lead people to him. I can talk to him about anything now. It obviously didn’t come overnight though. It was something that I had to pray about and work at. I strayed away at times but I got back to God and with a stronger fire then ever! I believed in something and I didn’t give up until I accomplished my dream of having a strong relationship with God.

I believe we can accomplish whatever we dream of whether it’s changing your life, acting, speaking, traveling, having a family, or ending poverty. Never let anyone tell you that you can’t do it because if you don’t at least try then you’ll always wonder what your life could have been. Something that holds us back is our fears. If you want to be a professional and inspirational speaker (like Billy Graham) but you get shaky and all choked up when you talk in front of people, try practicing by talking to small groups, then as you get comfortable speaking to them make the groups larger until you are fully comfortable. Don’t let your fears control you.

I want to live my life fully immersed and with the blinders totally off! Truly it’ll only enrich and enliven my experience of me. Don’t let anyone stop you from doing the same! Whatever you wish to do is accomplishable. I believe we can do anything, I believe in people.

Haley