high on school

kirk - Pleasant Hill, Iowa
Themes: carpe diem

It seems as though every day now, I spend some of my time thinking about what ill be doing in the future. It makes me miss the times I have had in high school and I almost don’t want it to end.

I believe that I need to make the most out of my time in high school. It is a very short period in my life which I do not want to be forgotten. Some say it’s the best time in ones life while others said they couldn’t wait to get out. When I graduate I want to be able to look back and say, “These past four years have been some of the best I’ve ever had.” I want to graduate knowing that there wasn’t one thing more that I could have done, not one thing I skipped out on.

Everyone has their own opinion of “fun” when it comes to weekend activities or clubs they may join. No matter what it is for me, I always make sure my weekend or early dismissals have that word mixed somewhere in it. I hate the feeling of sitting at home on a Friday or Saturday night with nothing to do. It makes me feel as though I’m wasting my time. There is no sense in taking a night off, that’s what summer is for. During the school year there just isn’t enough time for that.

This being my last year, I believe that I have done a reasonably good job at making the most out of a situation. As most people do, I have very many moments in my

life that I wish so bad to experience over again. Times I wish to be able to go back and do something different. High school for me has led me through every twist and turn good and bad. I have been at the lowest time in my life, one of the best, and one of the most emotionally challenging times of my life. I can’t change what has happened but I can try to have a positive attitude about the things that bring me down. Besides the negative events I have had more than enough fun times to make up for it. Going out to eat, parties with friends, or maybe just a movie on a rainy day is always better then staying home and sleeping. Sometimes it’s a football game or some other event, going out with you friends can make a night more fun. I can’t ever settle for not doing something at the moment that I won’t be able to do again. Graduation is just around the corner and this will disappear. All I will have left is the memories, which can only come if I make them.

So now I sit here with little time left with what has got to be one of the greatest experiences for me. I can honestly say that when I look back at all the things I have done, all the times I have been in trouble, and all the memories I have made. I have more then enough stories to tell which is what it’s all about. I hope to continue to enjoy these last few months as a student and get ready for the real world. I will always make the most out of everything, which goes way past just high school. For this is just the beginning of what’s to come.