Right to choice

Jessica - Carson, California
Themes: birth, freedom

This I Believe,

I believe life begins at conception, and I believe that abortion is wrong. However, I believe even more strongly in my right to believe that. In my right to believe in God, in my right to believe in the Catholic faith, and in your right to believe whatever you believe. I believe you have the right to choose your faith, be it Christan, Islamic, Jewish, Hindi, Buddist, or whatever it is you choose to believe. And I believe you have the right to choose what medical treatments are right for you. I believe we should ALL have the right to decide about our own bodies. That we should have the right to decide if we have elective surgeries, tattoos, implants, preventive treatments. I believe everyone has the right to choose what they believe regarding life and conception. I believe a woman should have the right to choose what happens to her body.

I believe in God. I believe in my right to choose what medical processes I put my body through, and I believe in my right to be treated fairly under my insurance agreements. I believe we all have these rights.