Choices

TIna - Dixon, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

Like anyone else, I make mistakes. So what if I have fallen down when I was trying to fly? At least I had the opportunity to fall. Because of failure, so many people in this world take the easy way out. I, on the other hand, live each day with no regrets. I know every decision I have made I have made for a reason, and I learned from them all.

I moved to Arizona, and then moved back six months later. No big deal; I learned so much from the experience. I learned about trust when my car and everything in it was stolen. This was my first and most expensive experience living outside of my parents’ home. I worked fifty hours a week just to pay the bills.

People may judge me because I am twenty-six and I am divorced. I never realized being a wife was like being a mother to a grown man. Ultimately, I was ready to settle down and start a family while he was still playing the field. I didn’t want to be divorced, but things happen in life for a reason. You have to take the good with the bad and learn from everything.

At times, life experiences can beat an education. I am finally in college and pursuing my career. I was not mentally prepared for college at eighteen like some high school graduates think they are. I was too busy partying, having fun, and traveling all over the country. I did what most people want to do, but never have the guts to do it.

I live my life everyday as if there is no tomorrow. I never regret the choices I have made. I have and will continue to learn from them all and I will make better choices next time. If I worry about my past then I will miss out on what’s going on in my life right now. In the future, I will have many opportunities to make choices and I will continue to live my life with no regrets.