Life Motives

Joshua - Mt. Morris, Illinois

Life Motives

There are times in life when people ask you, “What are you going to do in the future?”

I have been asked this question many times, and many times I have responded, “The truth is, I have no idea where I will be in the future.” There are, however, morals that I can be certain will help me along the way. I am certain that accomplishing my goals, keeping a positive attitude, and working hard will help me get to where I want to be.

The first thing I believe in is goals. I believe that if I am determined to reach a goal, I will reach it. Even though along the way there will be sacrifices I will have to make, I am willing to make them. One of my many goals is to become a video game designer for the video game studio “Bungie”. Because of my goal I will have to work really hard in school, to become more than qualified for the job. This means if everyone wants to party I will need to stay home and study.

Along with my goals comes my attitude. In order to get to where I want to be in life I must have a positive attitude. If I have a negative attitude I will accomplish nothing and go nowhere. This is applied to any goal; if. In real life a prime example of this theory is in professional athletes. Professional athletes always say they had a positive attitude and without it they wouldn’t have gotten anywhere.

Another strong belief is that I need to work hard to get what I want out of life. I have found that in life if you don’t work hard you will not get anywhere. I learned this lesson the hard way. One example of a time that I learned the hard way was my high school career. I would wait till the last minute to do assignments and because of this all of my work was done improperly.

So even though I’m not sure where or what I will be when I get out of school, I do know these things. To get to where I want to be in life I must accomplish my goals, I can accomplish this easily by keeping a positive attitude, and by working hard. If I keep to these simple guide lines I will easily get to where I want to be in my life in the future.