Felicity

Sarah - Scituate, Massachusetts

Felicity

In a world where a smile can turn into a frown in a nanosecond, it is comforting to have happiness. So I believe in happiness. It is really that simple. I have been agonizing over what I believe in for weeks now trying to find the entity that perfectly describes all aspects of me but came up short on numerous occasions. Then finally it hit me: I believe in happiness. I believe in those things that make me crack out a goofy grin and make me feel, well, happy. I believe in chocolate. Any kind will do. And as long as something is dipped in chocolate, I will eat it no questions asked. I believe in fuzzy socks, snow angels, and grass stains. I believe in giving the perfect present to someone and watching their face light up because it is what they truly wanted.

I believe in books; in diving into novels and immersing myself in the pages. I believe in first kisses, knock off purses, and soccer (preferably defense). I believe in going on roller coasters and amusement park rides until I can no longer stand up without help. I believe in my hair, bike rides, and the beach. I believe in bargain shopping; in finding the best deals at the lowest prices and calculating how much money I am saving. I believe in Florida, rainy days, and popsicles. I believe that there should be more than two kinds of soft serve. I believe in jelly beans, thunderstorms, and Halloween. I believe in taking an excessive amount of pictures in the hopes of documenting everything so I miss nothing. I believe in sleepovers, cookie dough, and converse sneakers. I believe in smiles, laughter and eyebrow-raising. Finally, I believe in my friends and my family who are always beside me at the good times and the bad. These are my happiness. And in my happiness I believe.