family

Jeffrey - Fayetteville, New York

After the recent events of the past week, I believe in my family more than ever. To give a little background, my cousin died unexpectedly last week and it was a shock to the entire family.

I have always known that I could count on my family to be there to help celebrate the good times. High school and college graduations were always huge parties. It seemed like every few weeks over the summer there was always a barbeque at somebody’s house. And weddings were just indescribable fun.

However I now know that my family can be even more supportive in the tough times. Its reassuring to know that I can count on my family to be there no matter what the situation. It was great to see how they rallied around the parents and siblings of my cousin, ensuring that they had everything they needed. Even though something like this is never easy to deal with, my family helped make it bearable.

I was proud of the way things were handled and I believe now that I can count on them for anything.