Technology simple yet complex

Jack - Western Springs, Illinois
Themes: science

Technology simple yet complex

Technology is something that we use in this world to make life as we call it “simpler”. We use a mobile phone to get a hold of someone wherever they may be. The Internet is able to go anywhere now a days. Even the military is using more technology by making smart bombs to find the enemies wherever they maybe. Simpler maybe, but really it just makes things more and more complex.

Technology has really evolved even since I was a kid growing up in the 90’s. When I was about three or four years of age, I would always enjoy using the computer to play computer games. I also liked to watch local programs on the television. It wasn’t as advanced as today, but we had a good connection between our family and it was fun. Then I remember when the Internet entered our household and immediately everybody started to use it. I wondered why everyone was so intrigued by this application on the computer. My sisters would spend a lot of their time on it and chatting with their friends and use it to find information. One day, being the curious guy that I am I checked it out for myself and oh boy did I get hooked on it. Half of my time was spent on the computer and I would go to anything that I saw interesting. As the years roll by, more and more cool stuff comes out of those factories. I believe technology is more complex than simple. Technology sure is cool and it moves us along, but it makes us more independent and pulls us away from the world. Even for my family, it pulls us apart and it really made me more independent and spending less time with my family. Even my exercise for the day would not happen because I was to into the games and they preoccupied me. I like to think of this as a barrier to family because it keeps me from doing things that I should be doing, but I’m not drawing closer to family because of this thing called technology.

We invented it and we have to live with it even though it makes our heads turn around. If the purpose of technology was to get in to our lives and mess us up, it has done one heck of a job.