nobody’s the same.

stephanie - Lake City, Michigan

Ever had that feeling, when people just don’t understand you? I get that almost every day. I believe that everyone should be different. If everyone was the same, the world would be a boring place. I mean, what’s the harm in being a little crazy sometimes? Just be yourself.

Everyone is different in there own way. Nobody is the same. Not even twins. As a 7th grade student, I get made fun of a lot for being the way I am. Usually, I sit alone at lunch, I get picked last in gym, and so on…I couldn’t go over to my best friends house because she said her parents did not like me. I didn’t understand this at all. What could have I done wrong? Was it the way I acted? To this day, I don’t know.

I have learned a lot in my 12 years of life. And one of the things I look back on everyday is, if your friends don’t accept you for who you are, there not rely your friends.

My dad tells me that phrase every time I bring up a problem with my friends. It seems that the only people who understand me is my family, and my best friend. Everyone else asks if I have a mental problem or something, witch by the way, I do not.

And that is why I believe that everyone should be different.