We Share the Earth

Sarah - San Leandro, California
Themes: respect

We are all inhabitants in this world, none better than the next. Although we consider our society advanced, there is no second best. Just because animals can’t speak in words we comprehend, doesn’t mean that they haven’t tried to tell us… again and again. We look down upon those who live off of the Earth, who cherish instead of destroy. When we, in the name of development use the Earth as our toy.

We can in fact learn a lot from those who live peacefully with the Earth. Instead of trying to renovate we could enjoy earth for what it’s worth. Those societies we take pity on and dwell over what they have not, are secretly laughing at us because we run around instead of being happy with what we got.

So far these reasons, it is my belief that we should examine ourselves and try to look at other respectfully. Maybe we can them understand how foolish we have been to think we are improving our lives by destroying the life that has been. It is me belief that only then we can all work together hand in hand, seeing that this is one world and we should preserve the land.