Keep Truckin

Spencer - USA

Practice, Practice, Practice… In every aspect of life whether it be sports, school, a management job, or public speaking, working hard is the key to success. No matter how much natural talent someone has there is always room to improve and get better.

Although people know practice and hard work can increase one’s performance, many people are still extremely lazy and would rather do the bare minimum and get by, opposed to work hard and reach there full potential

The People who work hard even after they are good are the people that become great. For example in sports, a player like Michael Jordan worked hard his whole career to get better and better. He is the inspiration for many people who get cut from sports teams for people to work hard and try at it again. He’s someone people look up to because he got cut from his JV team by his coach, and then worked extremely hard until he made the varsity team and after became arguably the best basketball player of all time.

For myself, it took a long time for me to become a believer in hard work and making sacrifices. So rather then going out every night and working at a day camp this year I decided to get an internship and go in early and leave late. What I learned from all of this, is hard work really does pay off as the internship showed me how working hard pays off in the work force. In many cases I saw it wasn’t the smartest person making the sales it was the person that worked the hardest and was the most persistent. That was a very important lesson for me to learn this summer.

Unlike Jordan though, there are still many people who lack the drive and desire required to work hard and succeed. These people who depend solely on natural talent, often won’t be great at anything because they refuse to work to get better or in sports they refuse to work to stay in shape. Unfortunately for the people who choose to have free time instead of sacrificing some of that time to work hard at something, will only be mediocre when they could be performing better than they are and competing on a higher level.

In conclusion, working hard is an important part of everyone’s life. And, another great thing about working hard is in the end it always seems to pay off.