Dreaming Big

Hannah - san antonio, Texas

I have always had big, some would say, unrealistic dreams. Some dreams I have go from being a child of 3 wanting to become a doctor, to in more recent years, dreaming of working with orphaned and displaced Orangutans in Indonesia. I have had dreams that at one point seemed impossible but thru determination I have made happen. I have always wanted to travel outside of the United Stated, but growing up we didn’t have a lot of money, so this was a slim to non opportunity, but I was determined. So, once I graduated from high school, I made it happen. I went online and scoured the internet looking for a job in Europe and stumbled onto an ad for a live in nanny in Milan Italy. Italy was at the top of my list so I applied. The luck of the Irish was with me because I got the job and I spent almost a year in Italy making my dream come true, pinching myself everyday. While I may not be able to make my dream of becoming a doctor come true I am currently in school with the hope of becoming a Radiation Therapist and working with cancer patients giving them the treatments that could save their lives. I am sure that one day I’ll be able to make my dream of rescuing orphaned and displaced Orangutans in Indonesia come true. Sure it may be thirty years in the future but this something that I just know I need to do to feel complete so I will find a way to make it happen. Imagine what our world would be without people who didn’t dream big. We wouldn’t have airplanes, electricity, automobiles, television or the computer just to name a few. So even if people tell me my dreams are unrealistic I don’t listen and keep believing in myself and trying to make them come true. So keep dreaming big and believing in yourself and you will find a way to make it happen.