im ok

Alexx - Gulf Breeze, Florida

This I Believe…

I believe in being ok with myself, in loving myself and being ok with who I am inside and out. When I look in the mirror I want to be glad to see me not frown at the site of who I am .When I look in my own eyes I see fear and doubt. The only thing I want to see in my eyes is confidence and strength. I go through the days of my life like nothing is wrong and fake a smile to everyone around. I believe in being ok with myself, in loving myself and being ok with who I am inside and out.

Going to sleep as I did the night before, most people would think about the day ahead or the day that has past. Not me, I think about whom I truly am and all of my flaws and what I can do to fix them .I can never find that answer really. Who am I truly, deep down inside? I think about that one question day in and day out when I should be out enjoying who I am. I believe in being ok with myself, in loving myself and being ok with who I am inside and out.

What defines who a person is? Is it your friends, your personality, your ability to move forward? What? I don’t think anyone really has the answer to that, only because what defines you is not the same thing that defines the girl next to you in gym class. I believe in being ok with myself, in loving myself and being ok with who I am inside and out.

As I walk through the crowded hallways of high school I see everyone who is just trying to be accepted for who they really are. But in reality you must accept yourself before anyone else can. When I walk through these hallways I see people for who they are on the outside. You see designer clothes or perfect hair but not them. I sometimes think to myself that life would be easier to be one person or to have what she has, but the truth is that I can’t, that I have to be my own person. I believe in being ok with myself, in loving myself and being ok with who I am inside and out.

I hope one day that I do find who I am .I hope that when I look in the mirror that I see me ,a beautiful girl with confidence and strength. When I see someone that I know I want to be able to give them a warm smile .I’m going to be, I have to be true to myself no matter what life throws at me .I believe in being ok with myself, in loving myself, in being ok with who I am inside and out and sharing who I am with the world around me with a huge REAL smile on my face!