Someone’s Chocolate

Briana - Buda, Texas

I believe in doing all you can for someone in need of help. I like to think of myself as someone who will go out of their way for someone in need. A person that people can go too if they need some cheering up of just about anything.

I can remember a time when a friend of mine needed a shoulder to cry on, and I knew just how to cheer her up. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any money on me but I did have some spare change. I went to my sock drawer and got this box of change that I had been collecting for a few months and I made my way to CoinStar.

It turned out to be around $30.00 and I spent it all on ice cream, candy, and chocolate bars; what every girl needs. She was so surprised when I showed up at her door with my hands filled with bags; it made her feel so much better. The fact that she fact that she asked for my shoulder instead of anyone else’s really made me feel worthy of our friendship.

Pretty much all of us are faced with opportunity where we can help others, show compassion, kindness, and just plain humanity. But how many of us take advantage of these opportunities? How many of us actually go that extra step for someone who needs them?

We’ve all had those days that totally suck, where maybe we’re the ones who need a shoulder or chocolate bar. But personally, I would rather be the shoulder. I would be someone’s chocolate bar.