good things happened when you try

Anthony - 78610, Texas

I believe good things happened when you try

I’ve learned that even though your small doesn’t mean you can’t be a good athlete.

I am a junior in high school and I have always been the small one. I love to play baseball and football. Ever since I was a little boy I wanted to play.

When I first tried out for a real team for football, all the coaches looked at me and smiled. They said “are you sure you want to play?” I said “yes of course, why would I come to tryouts if I wasn’t sure.” So they let me try out, but they had me trying out with the younger team. I took that offensive and said “Sir I am in 7th grade not 4th.” He said “look at these guys.”

They were all huge to me, at least two feet taller. So they put me out there and I did great. I exploded for a great run and since I was small I was very fast. The coach was like “wow your amazing” and that he was sorry for dogging me about being small. So I made the team and was a starter.

And believe it or not but I caught up to most people so now I am not the smallest. I am now on varsity my junior year as a returning varsity receiver. So I believe that even though your small doesn’t mean you’re not a good athlete. Just try it out or do what you believe and if you believe you can do it, then good things will happened.