A Good Nights Sleep

Ashley - Buda, Texas
Themes: peace

When I was younger, I would wake up everyday for the purpose of starting a new day, possibly a new adventure, now that I am older I wake up everyday just so I can eventually go back to bed. I believe in a good nights sleep in my own bed.

After I left the sheltered halls of middle school and stepped into the fend-for-yourself halls of high school, my stress level shot to 110, and just when I feel my level of stress is decreasing, more work or drama or family matters step in to insure that I am always on edge, if its not one thing it‘s another. I have come realize that each day, and everything it holds, builds upon its self, the work, the stress load, and the drama. Right now stress is the one thing running my life and I have a feeling, if I am ever able to get it under control, it will always be there as the little devil on my right shoulder trying to take me over to the dark side, but with the devil to my right, I will always have the comforting voice of, my angel on my left to help guide me.

My bed is my comforting angel, no matter how stress-filled my day was, or will ever be, I know that I can go to my bed at night and be at peace with the world and myself. When I lay down in bed I am able the let everything about my day go and get lost in my thoughts. I no longer have to worry about what I’m going to pack for lunch the next day, or worry about the project do in science or worry about whether or not my best friend is ever going to ask out the girl her likes. My bed is my escape. When in bed I don’t have teachers criticizing me, parents yelling at me, little sisters bugging me, or friends spreading gossip, none of that exists, I am alone and I do as I please.

As I lye in bed, I can’t help but think that it is my only form of sanity. It’s been the only thing keeping me out of mental institution the past 11 years, with out the aide of my bed and the rest that it gives me I would never be able to handle the days of life I am currently going through and it gives me hope for my future.