No Regrets

Kelly - Middleboro, Massachusetts
Themes: carpe diem

I am fourteen years old, and I believe in no regrets. I have had many moments in my life that I regret either not doing something, or doing something that I shouldn’t have done.

An example would be: the first school dance of the eighth grade. My mother asked me if I wanted to go, and I said “no”. A few of my friends were texting me at the time, and asked if I was going. I said “no”. They all started begging me to go, but I said “no”.

Then my mother left, to bring one of my brothers to his hockey practice. A couple minutes after she left I decided I want to go to the dance, but it was too late. When I was watching television, and the dance was going on, I got a call from my friend Hannah, who was at the dance, and she was saying that I should’ve come, and that it was an amazing beginning to the eighth grade.

For the rest of that night, the rest of the week actually I was regretting saying “no” when my mom asked me if I wanted to go to the dance. I kept thinking if only I went, I could’ve had fun that night, I could’ve made a few new friends.

But now that I look back at it, I realize that if I did say yes to my mom, and had gone to the dance, I wouldn’t be doing the same thing right now. I wouldn’t be where I am right now. All of the eighth grade would have been different. And I liked the way eighth grade went. I like where I am right now.

That is why I believe everything happens for a reason, and you should have no regrets.