The America I Believe In

Erik - Kirkland, Washington

The America I believe in doesn’t define itself by how much we consume, or how big our houses are. I believe that the “American way of life” is not a static definition, but rather is a way of life which constantly evolves and redefines itself for the needs of the era and conditions in which it finds itself.

The America I believe in is the America that finds within itself the compassion and conviction to fight for peace and justice for all, not just for the few. The America I believe in faces challenges with creativity and ingenuity, and not with ignorance and denial. The America I believe in seeks to know what the right thing is, and does it, not just for show or propaganda, but because it truly believes that doing the right thing even in the face of adversity and great challenge is worth every effort and every sacrifice. The America I believe in is not blinded by arrogance, but takes a leadership role in fighting for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all people of the planet and for all future generations. This is the America I believe in. This is the America I am a part of. This is the America I believe we can make. This I believe.