Hard times

Nir - Phila., Pennsylvania

Every thing happens for a reason. I believe that when anything happens it is for a cause. Not too long ago I made the decision to move back to Philadelphia to live with my dad. In the beginning I thought that it wouldn’t go so well. Now I realize that all the things that caused me to move with him happened for a reason.

To begin with my mom and I were really close as I was growing up. Where ever my mom was I was always there tagging along. I guess because I was her first child and

We had a certain connection. My mom and I talked about everything under the sun there was nothing that I couldn’t tell her. She was my best friend, and I couldn’t do anything without her.

Soon after I hit my teenage years everything went down hill. We often argued about little things that I thought really didn’t matter. Now I see that really did matter to her. My grades in school took a complete turn it came as a shock to my mom because I wasn’t the sweet little girl that she wanted me to be. At the time I couldn’t care less about the way she felt not because I didn’t love her because I was ignorant to the fact that she really cared for me.

Things didn’t get better with her so I had to make a choice to turn my life around. Since me and my mom weren’t getting along there was no point in staying there unhappy.

It was time that I try and build my relationship with my dad back up. Even though, I hadn’t seen in a while I thought it was time I had a father figure in my life. My mom and I came upon an agreement that it was the best choice that I could make.

Living with my dad has been quite an experience. I have done things that I thought I would never do. My dad and I have grown very close since I made the “big move.” Since I have made the move I realized that the things that my mom and I went through were out of ignorance and being naïve. If we would have just sat down and reconciled our problems I would still be with my best friend, my mother. Instead, I am with my dad who has also became more than my dad, he is also my friend.

I will always believe that everything in life happens for a mysterious reason. I have been through an amazing and life changing experience that helps me realize this.

The whole move back changed my whole train of thought. I didn’t want to make the same mistakes I made with my mom with my dad. I have grown physically and mentally

Since my experience for the better I would say.