homework should be banned

Bryce - Melbourne, Australia

Homework should be banned

I think that homework is a pointless exercise because after a long hard day at school, the last thing you want to do when you get home is homework. When people get home, they would at least like to relax, or maybe go and do some sport, not get stuck at a desk doing more work!

Young people need variety in their lives, and with tonnes of homework due the next day, that may not be possible. And in the grey-scale life of school and boredom, you need some colour in life. And with heaps of homework, you’ve got no time for the sport that you’ve paid for, and don’t get any time to go out and do something that you will enjoy, and talk to friends, do some exercise, something enjoyable.

In life, especially at high school, you need have a balance in what you do. I believe it’s important for me to go onto the computer, play games, have some fun, and talk to people on MSN. Instead of just being stuck behind a desk with a hundred books open in front of you, you need some of everything, and have a good balance.