Views Of Change

Alexa - Port Clinton, Ohio
Themes: setbacks

I believe when something bad or good happens it’s for a reason and shapes who I am as a person, as well as how I view the world. Every moment something happens. Every moment who I am as a person changes. If I change, so does my thinking and my view of the world.

When I was 11, my pa-paw died. It was the first person I had ever lost. I thought I would never be the same again and that scared me. It turned out I was never the same again, but it’s not as bad as thought it was going to be. I thought I would be a whole new person, but I wasn’t because physically and mentally I was the same only my attitude towards life and my view of death in the world changed. I don’t like that my pa-paw died, but what came out of it was me growing as a person. After that terrifying moment in my life, I came to realize that death happened everyday and yes it is painful to lose some one, but it’s a part of life. I had to accept that and I did. I no longer viewed death as a cruel punishment, but a new beginning of ones journey into what ever afterlife that person believes in.

God intended, I think, for me to change, to view the world differently because of my experiences. Other wise why would He have moments that happen that totally change me? I think He intended for us to change every moment even if in just how long our hair is or in accepting or changing something in every day life. That’s why I believe when something happens, I change and so does my view of the world. Everything happens for a reason.