Everyone has a purpose in our lives

Janet - Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Themes: purpose

I believe there is a reason for everyone in our lives. It might take years to realize it, or we may never understand the reason. I married at the age of 16 and had a son when I was 19. My husband was irresponsible, would not work and didn’ try to provide for his family. As a result, by the time I was 20, I was a single mother. I believe that knowing him and living in that manner helped me to recognize a good man when I did finally meet one. Not only was there a reason I new my ex-husband, my son was able to compare between the different kinds of men. My second husband which I have been married to for over 20 years taught me to believe in myself. He showed my son what a good father and husband was. He is a man who encourages us and only wants the best for us.

I believe there are reasons for him being in our lives. We both could have been bitter and discouraged about people in general without this man’s love and understanding.

My mother was a good woman who is the reason for my being. She never spoke a harsh word to or against a single soul. As a child I couldn’t understand why she made excuses for the people who hurt her. She would say, “they’re having a bad day”, “or they really don’t mean it.” Upon her death over four hundred people came to pay their respects to her. They talked of her gentle spirit and kidness. Most of all just about everyone said, “your mother never said a bad thing about anyone.” I believe the reason she was my mother was to teach me humility and to never speak in anger. I truly believe that through her life and her example is the reason I am the person I am today. Kinder and more considerate than if I had not had her for my mother. A womwn who knew about these things and taught by example. I can honestly say there are reason for everyone in our lives, we just have to look for them with open eyes and open hearts.