The Life in My Neighborhood

Laquan - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

HOW CAN WE STOP THE POVERTY AND VIOLENCE IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD? WE CAN’T STOP IT BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO CONTINUE WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. THE DRUG DEALERS AND THE KILLERS ARE STILL GOING TO DO WHAT THEY WANT. SOME PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TRY TO AVOID THEIR HOUSE PAYMENTS, THEN WHEN THEY DON’T MAKE THE PAYMENT THEY GET EVICTED FROM THERE HOME. I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD ABOUT MY FRIENDS MOM’S LEAVING OUT ON THEM. THEY GIVE UP BECAUSE OF ALL THE STRESS THAT BUILDS UP ON THEM AND GET TIRED OF EVERYTHING. I HAVE SEEN HOMELESS PEOPLE LIVE IN ABANDED HOUSES. THAT’S WHY I NEED YOU TO HELP OUR COMMUNITY.

LIFE IS CRAZY PEOPLE NEVER KNOW WHAT GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN THEY STEP FOOT OUTSIDE. I WAS TOLD WHEN A PERSON DIE A NEW BORN BABY IS BORN. THE VIOLENCE IS HIGH RATED IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD PEOPLE GET SHOT FOR BEING IN THE WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD IF YOU’RE NOT FROM AROUND THERE. PEOPLE DIE OVER UNESSARY STUFF AND BY BEEFING WITH ANOTHER PERSON.

WHY IS LIFE SO HARD I SAY TO MY SELF HOW COME YOU HAVE TO LOOK TWICE WHEN YOU LOOK BACK. HOW COME PEOPLE GET SHOT WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY ON YOU WHEN U GETS ROBBED? HOW COME THE POLICE PICK WITH THE ALL THE KIDS WHEN THERE WALKING IN A GROUP. HOW COME WHEN YOU RIDDEN WITH RIMS AND TINTED WINDOW AND LOUD MUSIC THEY GOT AN EXSCUSE TO MAKE WHEN THEY PULL YOU OVER.

LIFE IS NEVER WRIGHT I WISH PEOPLE CAN JUST STOP WHAT THERE DOING. AND LISTEN TO SOMEONE SPEAKS OUT WHAT EVERYONE ONE NEEDS TO DO TO BECOME A STRONGER TOWN. BUT THESE THINGS WILL NEVER HAPPEN BECAUSE WHERE FROM A DIFFERENT NEIGHBORHOOD SO THEY DON’T LIKE THAT PERSON.

SO MY BELIEF IS HOW WE CAN MAKE OUR LIFE IN OUR COMMUNITY A BETTER PLACE. HOW COME OUR LIFE BRINGS SO MUCH DRAMA IN OUR COMMUNITY? BECAUSE OF THE DRUG DEALERS, TROUBLE MAKERS AND KILLERS YOU CAN’T STOP THEM FROM WHAT THERE DOING.THEY ARE GOING TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT TO INPRESS THERE HOMIES THE GIRLS OR TRY TO GET A THEIR MONEY SO IM ASKING HOW CAN WE STOP THESE THINGS FROM HAPPENING.