Flush it down

anonymous - no, Vermont
Themes: illness

As a child, she would pray to God every night. She would pray for her grandparents (both sets), pets (dogs and cats), and herself. When she prayed for herself, it wouldn’t be for health or happiness, but for beauty. In her adolescent mind, she believed beauty meant “skinny.” The prayers turned into obsessions and the obsessions became a lifestyle. Fifteen years later, the young girl’s prayers were answered….but not the way she had anticipated. Bulimia answered before the lord had time to-

Three to six times a day, the food she consumes is flushed away as if it were never there to begin with. She eats anough for a family of 5 when she’s alone… but in public, manages to control her binges. The girl looks down on obese men and women, envies anyone thinner than her, and wishes there was a way to end the psychotic cycle.

Now, as an adult, she prays to the lord every night.

She prays for freedom from the disease that consumes her mind and body. She prays that tomorrow….she won’t have to Flush it down-