Kelly - Middleville, Michigan
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that if you spend your life obsessing with safety and trying to live as long as possible, you won’t really live at all. What’s the point of living a hundred years if you spend every single day of it scrubbing out your house with bleach, driving ten miles under the speed limit, and reading each and every label of your child’s stuffed animals to make sure they’re not choking hazards? Every single day is full of fear and paranoia.

For me, the important thing isn’t to live a long life, but to live a full one. I know God has a specific plan for me, and when it’s my time to go, I’ll go. All the safety precautions and sterilizations in the world won’t stop His divine plan. So I’m not going to sit around worrying about when I’m going to breathe my last breath. Instead, I’m going to go out into the world and experience life to the fullest, so that I know, when my time comes, I’ll have no regrets.