Accepted

Hannah - Sonora, California

Having constantly lived a life where every parental figure I have has blamed their actions on other people, I have taken it upon myself to live a life in which I learn from their mistakes. I believe that we need to be responsible for ourselves before we can be responsible for others. Responsible is what you are for yourself whether you like it or not. The differences people have made can be seen, not only in other people’s lives, but in their own. As we grow older, we are faced with the coming or independence, which in turn, brings responsibility. As i look back through the difficulties of a broken household, the constant blame from a truly diseased father, and the two siblings that would always be in my care, and always be in my life, i can now be grateful that responsibility and raising us, was forced upon me as a child. I never look at this as a burden, but as an opportunity not only for me, but better life for all three of us.

Throughout life, I have truly applied this moral to my life. I have learned that if nothing else, the responsibility that each of us has is that we are completely 100 percent responsible for how our lives turn out. It is made up of our outlook and daily habits with influences from feelings, morals, discipline, and actions.

I have learned, and truly believed that, in making the right choices and accepting responsibility whether it means with good decisions or all to often, bad ones. I will always try to never blame someone else for how I make life choices. I can only hope that everyone can try to apply this to their lives, even if the right thing to do is the hardest. You are responsible for yourself and no one else can be for you. Look around you and tear down defense and rationale for why others are responsible for who you are and what you are bound to become. Accepting and being accepted is pointing the finger of responsibility back to yourself and away from others.

This I truly believe.