Soccer Life

Andrew - Canyon Lake, Texas
Themes: sports

Second Schedule

Soccer is what brings out the true me. Usually I am always nervous and scared about my grades or my behavior. I never try anything new or do anything dangerous because I am afraid of what can happen. The only time I will try new things is on the soccer field because if I make a mistake, than I just fix it and I know I can.

As soon as I step onto my field, I am different. I don’t care if I make mistakes or if people make fun of me because all I care about is having fun. When I get the ball I will try and take people on and embarrass them because its fun. When my high school had our first home game of the season it was an experience I will never forget. We played Hay’s B JV team. Although we lost it was still thrilling to hear a crowd roaring for you as soon as you got the ball, screaming at the ref if he made a bad call, or just yelling at the top of their lungs for CL to win. When I stepped onto the field I could almost feel the crowd yelling for us. When the ball came towards me I could already hear my mother yelling “Go Andrew go!” After the first 10 minutes I started to get into my grove. When I got the ball I could easily find my teammates that were open and ready to score.

One time when I got the ball, this defender number 15 came and tried to pressure me. He ran to fast and I kicked the ball to the right of him while I ran around the left, I pulled a longhorn. It was a feeling I will never forget. It was freezing outside yet, I felt warm.

I believe in the power of soccer and what it can change in one person. Soccer is how I express myself. I don’t try to impress people; I just go with the flow. Whatever comes my way I know I will still have my life and a soccer ball. I believe in the power of soccer it allowing me to be carefree for 70 minutes at a time.