Flying Spaghetti Monster

Aaron - West Jordan, Utah
Themes: science

Flying Spaghetti Monster

I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster FSM for short. Now this probably sounds pretty ridiculous; let me explain. I don’t really believe that there is a giant monster made of spaghetti watching me, the whole idea of FSM is what I believe. Which is that if God is real with such little proof then everything no matter how insane must be real such as FSM. I am an atheist, now I don’t look down on those who go to church and worship something I believe to be as real as a flying bowl of pasta. Religion does have its good points it preaches to do the right thing and help your fellow man in the name of God. What I believe though is why not do good for the sake of doing good instead of in the name of God. This is a big piece of what FSM is all about.

It has always been a mystery to me how people can base all of their beliefs and lives on something that they have no proof even exists. I’m not saying its wrong it just confuses me how people say God is the explanation for everything when we have science which can put forth solid proof and evidence to explain its points. I bring this up because the creator of FSM was a science professor at a university out east. He was told that if he was going to teach evolution in his biology class he had to teach the creation theory right along with it. He argued that he doesn’t want to teach something that there is absolutely zero real solid evidence that it happened. So finally he said if I have to teach the creation theory I will teach the Flying Spaghetti Monster theory because it’s just as real as the creation theory so FSM was born.

The basis of FSM is that if we all focus on the here and the now and try to explain things with solid evidence we could accomplish so many things. One example is stem cell research, those who are pro science are completely for stem cell research but those who are religious tend to be anti stem cell. I understand why those who are against it think its wrong but really think about it, the babies whose stem cells we are using were going to die if they weren’t already dead. With their stem cells we could cure almost every kind of handicap, paralyzed people, the deaf, the blind and so on and so forth. You see we could accomplish so many things and this is what FSM teaches. This I believe.