This I know

Hans - charlottesville, Virginia
Themes: question, science

I believe that a function has a limit L as X approaches A if and only if, for every neighborhood of L, a neighborhood of A can be found; such that every value of the function corresponding to X in the neighborhood of A, but not equal to A, lies in the neighborhood of the limit L.

I believe that paper burns at 451 degrees and that water boils at 212 degrees.

I believe that the world is round and that my cutting board is flat

I believe that according to the valence shell electron theory of molecular geometry, atoms will orient themselves with the greatest intramolecular distance possible.

I believe that when two objects of equal mass fall simultaneously they will both accelerate toward the center of the earth at nine point eight meters per second squared.

I believe that Caesar crossed the Rubicon in 49 BC.

I believe that the value of pi is approximately Three point one four one five nine two six five three five eight nine seven nine three two three eight four six four three three eight three two seven nine five two eight eight four one nine seven one six nine nine three seven five ten…and that this means that no one can draw a perfect circle.

I believe that the Haber Process needs tremendous amounts of energy to produce the two moles of ammonia gas, essential to the revolutionary process of agricultural fertilization.

I believe that Ann Frank was killed by typhus fever in Bergen-Belson concentration camp in 1945.

I believe that two triangles are congruent if and only if both their sides and angles have equal measures.

I believe that positive attracts negative and repels positive

I believe that carbon dioxide reacts with vaporized water to form week carbonic acid; and that, on contact, this compound causes the dissociation of marble into a solution of calcium ions.

I believe that the pantheon was constructed for the pagan gods, converted to a Christian church in the 7th century, and is today being dissociated into carbon dioxide, water and calcium ions.

I believe that a belief depends not on faith, but on facts, empirically verifiable data.

I believe what I know