Life’s Lesson

Pamela - Middletown, Delaware

Many years ago when I was facing some personal problems, my dear father pointed out to me that there is always someone who is facing even more difficult problems and advised me to keep things in perspective. His advice has always stayed with me and has carried me through some tough times.

This past year my beautiful 31-year old son died and I thought “the most horrible thing has once again happened to me.” Sure, since losing my son my life has had its ups and downs. Whenever I start to feel sorry for myself, I remember that there is someone in the world who is worse off than I. To have had the blessing of this child for 31 years is so much more than other people have had — thank you, God, for the time I had with him.

Just yesterday, my wonderful Dad passed away, but his advice of so many years ago will once again help me through this too.

Thank you, Dad! I love you and know that you will join my sweet son as another angel looking over me.