Fate

Angela - Plano, Texas

Fate

I believe everything happens for a reason, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I try to begin everyday with the attitude that every action a person makes is involved in a huge web of destiny and fate. I believe that every accident and slip-up has more of a positive outcome than the initial negative incident. The good may not always be very evident; a terrible fire forcing a family out of their home can be a terrible experience. On the other hand, the burned house could shelter a homeless man for a week, bring the distant family closer together through the tough time, or allow a firefighter to prove his heroism and earn the respect he has yearned for years. I may contradict myself by saying that I do not fancy war; the thought of all the blood and hatred creates a bitter twister inside my heart. So how can I believe everything happens for a reason when I cannot understand the pain? Although I do not understand most plagues, I do my best to lend out a helping hand to try and better the situation. I do not believe you should take life with a grain of salt, but that you should take everyday with a grain of sugar. I believe you should enjoy every moment you have.

When I found out I was pregnant, I felt my whole life as I had known it collapse and crumble at my feet. I could see the light of freedom floating further away. But I felt a comfort I had never experienced before. For a long time I couldn’t understand how or why this could be happening to me. “I am only 17 years old!” I repeated to myself constantly. Then I began to realize that I was as prepared as an expecting mother could emotionally be. I may be losing a few years of my youth, but I am a strong advocate of sacrificing for others. My life is not so much about me anymore, but how my life will impact my child’s and others around me. I believe every situation in life is a learning experience, that there is always something to gain, even from the darkest days. For example, without the great depression, where would our banking and financial status be today?

I feel my whole life I have been preparing to bear a child at a young age. Even though I was the youngest child, I was supporting my siblings emotionally and sacrificing time on the playground to instead take care of them or picking up side jobs to make money. I believe everything happens for a reason, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Everything can be beautiful; it’s just how you look at life.