I Believe In High Heels

Amanda - Saint Louis, Missouri

There’s something about putting on a pair of high heels, preferably red, that can make you feel glamorous. They can make you feel like a bombshell from the Marilyn Monroe era. They can make you feel beautiful, sexy, and fierce even if you are just wearing them with a t-shirt and a pair of Levi jeans.

In my group of friends, I’m known as the “Shoe Goddess” because I own heels in almost every color, except for orange. I even have zebra print heels. Plus, I’ve been wearing high heels since I was two. I believe every woman should own at least one pair of high heels, and not just any old pair, a pair that can make her feel gorgeous when she wears them.

When I think about high heels, I think of Jackie O., Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, and other icons from a time when women were classy and did not have to show every inch of skin to look sexy. All that they had to do was put on a pair of high heels, Chanel No. 5, and a strand of pearls and they could attain the attention of any man they desired.

My friends and I have a ritual. About once a month, we all get dressed up and go out to dinner. All the girls usually come over to my house, and we all get ready together. When I put on that little black dress and some red high heels, I feel invincible. I don’t feel fully dressed unless I have a pair of sexy stilettos on to complete my outfit. There is just something about them. Whenever I wear a pair and I walk into a party, a restaurant, or even when I’m just walking to my car, it feels as if all eyes are on me. And for that moment I am unstoppable.

I believe in high heels, and not just any pair of heels, a pair of drop-dead, 4-inch,

stilettos that can make any woman feel irresistible.