Dancing In the Rain

Shelbie - Madawaska, Maine

Dancing in the Rain

It was always a thing I enjoyed doing. It was something that helped me feel better than anyone in the world. It was dancing, and even though I was having a tough life, I still smiled and continued dancing. Dancing was me looking through the dark tunnel trying to find a way out and the rain were the tears I would cry through the long tunnel. The tears and emotions took over my body. Depression overpowered both my body and my soul. It was something scary and something I wasn’t going to let happen to me. Even though it was something I could control it was like my body was giving up. I love to dance as I already said and it was the only thing that kept me strong enough to fight back. Although I was very weak I still had some strength to continue dance. Just enough to help me fight through a depression. It was like I didn’t even know what I was doing anymore but then I would float away dancing and just being my-self. Even my mom said she noticed that when I would dance I was happy but when I stopped I was sad. But now I can be happy even when I stop.

I always found that dancing in the rain was actually good enough for a title. Just because it described how I was before. I was always crying and I was always down. But now I dance with my chin up and now I am smiling not crying. As you know I love to dance and well making my life a all about dance isn’t something killing one inside but healing ones life. Whether they know it or not everyone loves to dance you just have to find that inner dancer. I have heard people saying that dancing is stupid or it is just a waste of time but no not really. If you truly love to do something then do it don’t call someone else’s hobby a waste time. Whither its soccer, or just playing an instrument.

No matter what you do you can’t stop me from dancing in the rain.