Is it really Love?

molly - McHenry, Illinois
Themes: love

This I Believe…

I believe the word Love is used too openly today between people of all ages. I believe I understand love, but so many people will disagree with me as soon as they find out I am an eighteen year old girl just graduating high school. I believe you understand situations best when you go through them so age has nothing to do with what you understand and know. I believe love is when you find that one person who cares about your health and safety more then anything else, and most importantly stands by your side no matter what. If one person does not feel this way about another person, they should not say they love each other. Too many friends say they love each other but you know most likely they wouldn’t be there through anything like a true love would be. There are some true friends out there but I still believe love is some thing so big you really have it with one person. Excluding family, I feel the love I am referring to is a passionate love. I don’t know why I feel so strongly about this passionate love, some people believe if children don’t grow up in a home with parents who love each other they might not know how to love someone, but I disagree. My parents don’t love each other. After comparing my parents’ situation to my situation, it amazed me and inspired me to feel strongly about love. Some people feel strongly about racial slurs or other things for me, it’s love. I believe many people in his world do find true love, Sometimes they get it right quick others take time and many tries. Many people build a false view of love and end up unhappy but many people don’t realize the unhappiness is there because of their partner and some do realize it’s because of there partner, many to late.