I Believe in Cheerleading

Crystal - Rathdrum, Idaho
Themes: sports

I Believe in Cheerleading

I believe in Cheerleading.

It brings character, self-confidence, courage, and perseverance.

Ever since I was little I always wanted to be a Cheerleader, but I never had enough self-confidence. My best friend’s name, from junior high, is Jannae Palovich. She has been a cheerleader since she was five. I have always been jealous of her. During freshman year I became friends with the other cheerleaders. I sat in on all of their practices. They talked me into trying out for the squad. All summer we practiced cheers, studied counts, and improved our yelling techniques, so I would be ready for try-outs. I was so scared that day, and just had the thought, “I’m never going to make it, why am I doing this,” stuck in my head the whole time. Well, I made it on Varsity my first year! Ever since then I have been very outgoing, had an extreme boost in my self-confidence, and actually had the courage to go out and make friends with a lot of people that I was always to scared to talk to. I would have never been able to do that if I hadn’t done cheerleading. It puts me in a situation that I had to be outgoing and have confidence, because I have to be in front of big crowds, and have to entertain them.

I believe in Cheerleading.