I Believe That a Smile Can Change Someone’s day

Emily - louisville, Kentucky

A smile can change somebody’s day. That’s what my parents and other important people in my life used to tell me all the time. I see people all the time, and I always try to smile at them. I know sometimes I have a really bad day and might be in a bad mood but I still try to smile. I love it when random people smile at me on those bad days. It really makes me see that there are truly nice people out there. I believe that I am one of those nice people because, when I can, I smile.

I smile at everyone. I smile at young people, old people, homeless people, and rich people. Because some people might make a lot of money but money doesn’t buy happiness and a smile can bring happiness. On the other hand a lot of people in the world have nothing going right in their life. They may not have money, not have a home, or don’t have a family. So I smile at these people and hope that I have made a change in their day.

Sometimes we feel like in one day, the world has ended. I feel like that sometimes when I am at school or work and I just get so frustrated. But if a friend or even a person I don’t know smiles at me, it makes me feel a lot better. It may not make me love being at school or work but it makes stop and think, the world isn’t going to end just because I am having a bad day. So when I see that a friend is having a horrible day and nothing is going right for them I tell them the world isn’t going to end and I smile at them.

It takes a lot more muscles to frown than it does to smile. So what’s so hard about smiling? Nothing is hard about it. So I wish more people would smile than frown. It would make the world such a happier place. Because when you see one person smiling it makes you want to smile at another person, and the cycle just goes on.