Unexpected

Krista - louisville, Kentucky
Themes: carpe diem

Unexpected

A couple weeks ago I was feeling very shaky and I was getting really bad migraines. I was very weak and had almost no energy. My mom took me to the doctor and I was surprised by what he said. The doctor said that my migraines were from dehydration. A problem that I thought was easy to fix but that wasn’t all. The doctor said to fix my shakiness, I had to eat like a diabetic. That means that I have to eat 3 full meals a day and 3 snacks a day. The doctor also said that I had to watch everything that I eat. This is not at all what I expected when I went into the doctor’s office that day. The doctor said that unfortunately I was going to have to do this the rest of my life. This doctor’s visit really opened my eyes.

I left the doctor’s office that day feeling scared and confused. I believe that you should always live in the moment. I believe that you should never give up and never let anything stop you. I believe you should live for today and not yesterday. I believe that what is in the past is in the past and that you should not look back on it. You may not be able to change the past, but you can change the future and you can control your own future. I believe that if you want something that you have to go for it and even if there are obstacles in your way, you have to overcome them.

“Human life is purely a matter of deciding what’s important to you.” ~Anonymous. I think that this quote is very inspiring and that it is very true. “It’s just life. Just live it.” ~The Quote Garden. This is another quote that I thought fit in with what I am talking about in this essay. I believe that all you can do is your best and at the end of the day, if you have tried your hardest, that’s all that matters.