Searching For That Shining Piece of Gold

William - Havelock, North Carolina

In today’s world, you won’t get very far without a college degree. I have always wondered why we spend our childhood going to school every day. The answer is simple really. You need money to live, you need a job to get money, and you need an education to get a job. My parents have influenced me in getting the best out of school, so I don’t have to pay for slacking off later in life. No matter how much of a pain school may be, I believe in a good education.

It is a person’s choice on how much effort they put into their schoolwork. I know a bunch of people that think school is pointless and a complete waste of their time. However, if you put forth the effort now then you will reap the benefits later. A good education is like a shining piece of gold; it will be your most prized possession for the rest of your life. I have grown up in a middle class family my whole life, and I have seen the firsthand effects of not having a college degree. I have made several personal goals that I hope to achieve in my life, and having a college degree is one of them.

I try to give my all in school with whatever is thrown my way. It takes a lot of hard work to keep up my grades and I am always up for a good challenge. Sometimes I have endless homework and am stressed out to the max. Then there are other times when I study all night just because I am worried I have overlooked an important thing. As of right now my piece of gold is looking pretty shiny, and I don’t want to mess it up.

A good education in high school can help a person get accepted into the college that they want to go to, and for the career they want to pursue. I would like to go to the University of Central Florida and pursue a career in Forensics. Unfortunately, that is just a distant thought, but it has been a lifelong dream. All I can say at the moment is so far so good.

We all go to school for the same purpose, and that is to get a good education. Instead of thinking it’s a big waste of time, put a little bit of effort into your work. Think of it this way; the report card you receive now will turn into the paycheck you receive later. It’s up to you to decide how much is written on it. All of the endless homework, projects, and late night study sessions will pay off in the long run. I am searching for my piece of gold, are you?