Miracles do Happen

Ashley - green bay, Wisconsin
Themes: hope

Miracles… everyone has heard of how certain people have miracles and how they are so blessed to have had them happen. Well, I’m one of those people, and I do believe that miracles can and do happen to just about anyone.

When my mother had gotten pregnant with me, she only had one ovary. The doctor said it was a one in a million chances to end up pregnant. My parents both say they are blessed to have had me and I’m their miracle baby. My mother was a young teenager, who didn’t know what she was doing and she said if it wasn’t for me, she probably wouldn’t be here today.

I was your average two year old. I could barely speak one full sentence and I love to run around and worry my parents. Well, as a two year old, I was told to always stay away from the road. Only one day I decided not to listen, and I want to go get my ball from across the road. My parents were frantic in trying to catch me, but they were too slow. I had made it to the road and just as I was going to step onto the blacktop I was pulled down into the ditch. When I turned around almost two seconds later, a semi had flown past me. When I looked to see who had pulled me to safety I was amazed to see that it was me German Shepard, Savannah.

Still to this day when I’m told this story, I am thankful to still be alive. Everyday I look at the world with a new perspective. What if I would have walked onto the road? Would the truck have stopped? All I know is that I’m here now and I’m going to live my life to the fullest and hope for the best each and everyday.