Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover

Kayne - Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • Top 100 Essays USB Drive

Many of us have heard don’t judge a book by its cover, this relates to our lives today in many different circumstances. Do we really know what it means to not judge a book by its cover and if we do know, do we change our judging ways. Don’t judge a book by its cover is the same as try to walk in a mans shoes for a mile. Don’t judge a book by its cover means to not judge a person for what they look like, or what other people have said about them, but to find out who they are as a person. Many times I have listen to what others have said about people and came to find out that I missed out on knowing that person. As a matter of fact, one of my good friends from a different school I judged her, and she now is one of the few people I trust. This just shows how many people judge others and don’t take the chance to go back and meet that person. If you think about everyone in this world is so worried about trying to find that “significant other”, but do they even give a person a chance before they judge them. Maybe if this world wouldn’t be so judging, people may have a bigger social group, or have found that “significant other”. In my life I have learned that it is very hard to not judge others, and that there is a point when it is just down right mean. I believe that most people judge one another out of their own insecurities, but that’s just not right. One can never be certain about a person until they actually give them a chance and let them show you who they are. So in a nut shell there are many people out there who need to stop judging others because they are so beautiful themselves. I hope that people take this as a wake up call because if they knew how it feels to be judged and picked on they would stop.