This I Believe That Cancer Will Be the End of the World

Derek - Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Themes: illness

Everywhere you listen you almost always hear someone talking about someone they know who has cancer. I believe that everyone in my generation one day will either be diagnosed with cancer or will die from cancer. So in that case someone needs to find the cure for cancer otherwise it could be a possibility that cancer could end the human race. New forms of cancer are being discovered almost everyday. Cancer is when a cell is mutated and goes crazy theses cells are sometimes called crazy cells. Anyone can get cancer. Only some cancers right now are curable, but there are so many different kinds that still need to be cured. From 1990 the cancer rate has been declining for eleven of the fifteen most common cancers. The decrease is mostly from the decline in amount of tobacco people are using. There are still the many other kinds of cancer that could be rising in diagnoses and death rates. So unless if all cancers are cured people will continue to be diagnosed or will continue to dye from cancer. This I believe that cancer will be the end of the human civilization.