I Believe God has a Plan for Me

Luke - Casco, Wisconsin

I Believe God has a Plan for Me

Ever since I was young, my mother has told me that God has a plan for me. When I was younger, I always thought that I wasn’t important. I didn’t have any athletic ability, couldn’t talk to a chick worth a darn. I was the quiet one that everyone look away from, But all that changed as I got older, I got some athletic ability once I told myself I should try to be better then everyone else. That sounds selfish of me but if you want to get be a good athlete, you have to try and beat everyone else. I know there are people who are just as good as me, and there a lot of people who are better than me. I used to think that I wasn’t important because I wouldn’t try or I wasn’t “cool” enough, but my mom always told me that God has a plan for me; I just had to realize what it was. So I thought about it for along time, then I realized that I had many talents that I never used before such as athletic ability or my resourcefulness. Ask anybody from my friends to my parents that if there’s a problem, I can find a solution.

On September 11, 2001 I was a third grader, and I was just got done eating lunch when I was heading out for recess when I stopped in my homeroom and when I walked into the room I saw the teachers huddled around a T.V. whispering to themselves and a few crying. I saw what was on the T.V.; it was a tower that was on fire. At that time I didn’t know what they were or where were they but then all of a sudden a plan hit the tower next to it and people started screaming so the teacher told me to go out for recess. I did and when I went outside I was looking up into the sky thinking an airplane would hit the school. When I came back inside an announcement came over the loud speaker saying the World Trade Centers had been attacked and had collapsed. The whole school was quiet and for about three years after that the school was always quiet on September 11.

After September 11, our nation decided to go to war. A war against terrorism is what they called it. They said they were going to get the people who attacked our nation and bring them to justice. It was that very moment that I told my dad I wanted to join the military when I get older, and I still plan to join, so I can bring the people who did this outrage and bring them to justice. You see almost every American including a few of my own classmates have forgotten why we’re at war; they forgot what happened. That’s what I think God’s plan is for me to become a solider, so I can protect this nation even protect the ones who could care less for me. That is what I think God’s plan for me is.

God has a plan for everyone; it’s just takes time or an event for you to find what that is. You don’t have to believe in him for him to have a plan for you.