I Believe In Honest

Calvin - New Franken, Wisconsin
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in honesty. I think honesty is a huge part of any friendship of relationship I have with my family members or friends. If I am not honest with my family members and friends; then they will not trust me. If I have no trust with them, then they will always think that I am lying, and they will never be able to believe in me.

I am honest with my parents all the time. I want them to know that they can trust me, so I tell them where I am going whenever they ask me. I never say I am going one place, but really going somewhere else. I want to be honest with them because then they will trust me more, so then I will be able to go more places. They will also know that I am safe, and my parents will not have to worry about where I am if I am honest. They will not have to be as stressed out about me either. That is why I am honest with my parents, and I am also honest with my friends.

I need to be honest with my friends because if I am not honest, I will not have any friends. Then I will be extremely lonely and my life will be boring. Whenever they ask for help on something, I tell them the truth because I want them to know they can trust me. So when I ask them a question, I will not have to worry about being lied to. If they ask me what we have for homework, or what we do on a project, I always tell them the truth because I want them to do the same for me when I need help. I am honest with my friends because I know they will be honest with me. I will also not have to worry about them lying to me.

Those are the reasons why I believe in honesty, and you should always be honest. Even though sometimes it can be hard to tell the truth, I know I did the right thing by saying it. I think everyone should be honest with everyone because then the world would be a better place.